Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Melon Bun

Happy Wednesday!! (I thought today is Thursday, humph..)

Sharing another layout with you today, a random topic layout which will be going with my Kyoto-Osaka pocket pages in the album. I learned about melon bun from an anime a few years back. I am not a big fan of anime, but I really do love this series, Yakitate!! Ja-pan. It has introduced me to a lot of different types of breads, and melon bun is one of the breads that I wish I could try, but I couldn't find it in Malaysia. 

While I was in Japan, I did not go look for it on purpose, but it happened that me and my friend decided to have our breakfast in a bread shop one day, and when I saw they have melon buns, I took one without second thought. 

Melon bun really looks like a melon

The melon bun reminds me of blue-ish green and yellow, which are the colors that I picked for this layout. And from this color combo I worked out the overall look of this layout by picking coordinated patterned papers in these colors. The layering for this layout is simple, and I really like the cupcakes border sticker from Crate Paper.


I have the journaling written on a 3x4 Project Life card and tucked that behind the photo. It adds some nice touch and details to the main cluster.

Journaling

I thought of not adding any embellishments after I finished the layout, but then I decided to leave it for a day and come back to it later. Then I realized the layout looked really bare without any embellishments. I dug into my stash and found the 'Yes, Please' banner sticker, so I used that as another small cluster of embellishments at the bottom of the page.

Yes, Please!

And a simple layout with pretty color combo is done!


I really like how the title looks. My initial idea was to use all aqua letters for melon, and yellow for bun, but I ran out of the letter 'e' from aqua and decided to mix them up. I tried using aqua letters for the first letter of the words, but that did not look nice and I don't like it at all. Then I decided to switch the letter 'l' from yellow to aqua and it just clicked. Notice how I used aqua for tall letters and yellow for short letters? I did not realize that until I had this layout photographed.

Supplies (Patterned Papers)
  • Presh "Right Now" Hashtag Paper from Cut & Paste Collection by Jen Allyson from My Mind's Eye
  • Air Mail from Studio Calico
  • 3x4 Becky Higgins Project Life Card from Cut & Paste Collection by Amy Tangerine
  • Mint Cardstock from American Crafts
  • Embossed Cardstock
Supplies (Letters)
  • Aqua and Yellow Letter Stickers from local bookstore
Supplies (Others)
  • Pretty Party Border Stickers and DIY Shop Accent Stickers by Crate Paper
  • Sn@p! Icons Stickers by Simple Stories
Any comments is appreciated and thank you for stopping by today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment