Sunday, June 1, 2014

Udon

Happy Sunday! It's 1st of June already, oh my oh my!

Sharing with you another simple layout (all of my layouts are kinda simple these days, aren't they?). This is a one photo layout with zero embellishing, only patterned papers and letter stickers. I did not even pull out any embellishments for this one.

I took the same idea I used on my previous layout for Mama, which is having one third of patterned paper on top and another different paper for the remaining two third. I really liked this photo and I wanted it to stand out, so I chose a subtle wooden patterned for the top and kraft for the bottom. 


I like the egg yolk on the picture and that led me to having my title in yellow. I would much prefer the title to be bright yellow like that egg yolk, but this mellow yellow is the only yellow letter stickers that I have. I have the subtitle 'a typical Japanese meal' beside the main title to fill up that awkward space down there.


Red was not in my color scheme when I planned this layout, but the initial idea of using only grey and kraft made the main cluster blend in with the background, so I added pops of red here and there around the main cluster to make it stand out rather than blending in. I thought of using green because there is some green in the photo, but I don't think the green will bring out the cluster as good as the red.


Sprinkled some golden mist and the layout is done!

Supplies (Patterned Papers)
  • Air Mail, Dots & Loops, Tiny Love and Kraft by Studio Calico
  • Rewind from Recorded Collection by Allison Kreft Designs for Webster's Pages
Supplies (Letters)
  • Yellow Letter Stickers from local bookstore
  • Craft Mini Alpha from Typo
Supplies (Others)
  • Mustard Color Shine by Heidi Swapp

p/s: I reorganized my patterned paper scraps and embellishments this morning, quite a feat really. I have too many paper scraps, and my embellishments (die cuts especially) were everywhere and I don't think I use them often enough. Rounding all of these bits and pieces together, categorizing them (which is impossible but I did anyway) and storing them together. So now when I scrapbook, I just choose a 12x12 background paper, then I look through all my paper scraps (large ones for matting, small ones for tucking them here and there around the main cluster), then large embellishments, then smaller embellishments. Still in the process of familiarizing with this whole new process of scrapbooking, and I hope it will be a good practice so that I will use up most (or all, if possible) of my stash. I really don't like seeing them left sitting there and having no purpose. Or maybe I should control my urge to keep on buying when I still have a lot of supplies left, but that is difficult, you know. =p

0 comments:

Post a Comment