Sunday, June 8, 2014

Tech Savvy Dad

Happy Weekend!

Rushing for another layout on Saturday night so that I can concentrate on my Japanese lesson tomorrow. I have chosen Life.Paper.Scrapbook's June Sketch Challenge to cut down the time I needed for creating a new layout. 

The layout is not too complicated and with minimum paper layering, but you wouldn't believe the amount of patterned papers and scraps that I pulled out. I could have created a few layouts from all those papers, hahaha. 

I replaced the instax in the sketch to frame. The stacked frames idea with partial title on it was a last minute 'aha!' idea, and I just  it! 

I have chosen a subtle blue lines patterned paper as background, and paired it with an eye-catching colorful phrases patterned paper. Added vellum on top of that to soften the background though. Then I used few different strips of scraps for the horizontal elements beside the photo. Title placed and wooden buttons added on top left corner, done done done!





Supplies (Patterned Papers)
  • Hello Hello, Jagged Blue and Vellum by Studio Calico
  • Project Life Honey Edition 12x12 Double Sided Designer Papers by Becky Higgins
Supplies (Letters)
  • Hardcover Foil Letter Stickers by American Crafts
  • Hello Printed Fabric Letter Stickers by Amy Tangerine
Supplies (Others)
  • Die Cut Frames by Dear Lizzy
  • Orange Polka Dot with Heart Washi by Freckled Fawn
  • 6x12 Sticker by Hello Forever for Studio Calico
  • Buttons 
Most of the time I spent on this layout is choosing patterned papers because I picked out too many. Other than that, all the other elements were done in a very short time. 

Any comments appreciated!

p/s: I have been trying to increase my blog and Instagram's views, likes and comments to no avail. It is kinda frustrating and quite disheartening. So, any advice on how to attract readers and viewers, are also appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when a sketch can make the process so much simpler and quicker? Great layout and I love the little "Free Wi-Fi" in the bottom right! Thanks for playing along with us at LPS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great layout, I love the combination of letter stickers!
    Re: your question about getting more views on your blog, I am no expert but I've found that leaving comments on others' blogs helps. When someone new leaves a comment on my blog I usually head over and check their blog out, and vice versa. I also find entering challenges with link-ups is a great way … I discovered your blog through the LPS sketch challenge! Hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your advice regarding attracting more readers to my blog! When I visit other blogs, I usually just pin things I love on my Pinterest board, but I never left any comment, I shall try doing that =)

      Delete