Thursday, May 1, 2014

It's Snowing

Hey everyone, happy Thursday! We are celebrating Labour Day here in Malaysia, so I am just sitting at home and enjoying some time alone, with some paper craft fun. 

But before that, I would like to share another layout that I did on last Sunday. The photo was taken in Kinkakuji in Kyoto. It's a beautiful place, really. I fell in love with Kyoto after visiting there on 2012, and I am hoping I will get to visit there again, someday. 

I have started to scrapbook the photos from my Kyoto-Osaka trip since early 2014, in pocket pages style. However, there are a few that I am going to scrapbook on conventional 12x12 layout, and this is the first layout that I did for that batch of photos.

Being born and raised in a tropical country, imagine my excitement when snow started falling from the sky, unexpectedly! It was all a coincidence. We were supposed to visit Kinkakuji a day earlier, but my friend was busy buying choo choo train model in a toy store on that day, we missed the opening hour of the temple, so I decided to postpone it to the second day. I was quite against the idea because we were supposed to leave Kyoto and head to Osaka early in the morning, but Kinkakuji is the place that one MUST visit when one is in Kyoto!! 

Anyway, we went there early in the morning, and were among the few earliest tourists that entered the temple. That gave us some time to take picture of the magnificent golden building sitting on a lake, before the crowd started to grow. 

By the end of the tour, something magical happened. It snowed. Even though it only lasted for a few minutes, but honestly, that is something that I will remember for a lifetime. 

Psst, look closer..

Hooray, Snow!

Finally get to use that snowman cut apart by Simple Stories

Hidden Journaling Spot!

Lovely~

It took me less than 90 minutes to get it done, from choosing the background patterned paper to embellishing the page. It's a record! And I really love love LOVE the final look.

Supplies (Papers)
  • Precisely and a-Lister Cut Apart Sheet from Cut & Paste Collection by Amy Tangerine
  • Sleigh Bell Trail from 25th & Pine Collection by Basic Grey
  • Dots & Loops, Kraft and Vellum by Studio Calico
  • Away We Go 6x6 Paper Pad by My Mind's Eye
Supplies (Letters)
  • Sparkling Glitter Letter Stickers by American Crafts
  • Swagger Sticker Fundamentals by Fancy Pants
  • Gold Foil Alpha by Dear Lizzy for Studio Calico
Supplies (Embellies)
  • Postale Index Cards by 7gypsies
  • xy&z Layered Chipboard Stickers by colorbok
  • Smash Stickies by K & Company
  • Cut & Paste Presh Label Stickers by My Mind's Eye
  • Candy Shoppe Jellies by Queen & Company
  • Wood Veneer Banner and Camera by Studio Calico

0 comments:

Post a Comment