Saturday, May 3, 2014

NSD Challenge 2014 - Hello Kinkakuji (Bucket List #7)

Happy National Scrapbook Day! I have finished my very first layout for the NSD Challenge on Two Peas in a Bucket, which is Gold Color Trends Challenge hosted by Garden Girl JenGallacher. The challenge is to use GOLD in the layout, and I have the perfect photo/story and embellishment for this challenge!

I have planned to scrapbook this particular story on last Thursday, but only managed to get the general idea of how the layout should look like, and did not get it done until today.

My Bucket List #7 is to 'Go to Kyoto, visit the Golden Pavilion', which I really did back in 2012 during my Kyoto-Osaka trip. Such 'accomplishment' (LOL) has to be recorded in scrapbook!

General Idea: Use that Gold Mini Doilies!

Bucket List #7 - Go to Kyoto, visit the Golden Pavilion

Love the Paper + Vellum Banners Combo! I'm a genius LOL

Wood Veneer Banner!!

The cloud-shaped transparencies die cuts and the Chalkboard Arrow Washi are last minute addition. Layout would probably look dull without those.

I have to admit, I regret cutting that beautiful doilies *cry* The doilies shape looks really nice and after I have cut it, I regret that immediately *sigh* Well, can't do anything about it now. Anyway, I am glad the cloud-shaped transparencies die cuts filled up the blank space nicely and gave the layout a much needed 'black'.

Oh, and I actually misted the background with Heidi Swapp's Mustard Color Shine but ended up covered most of the background. The misting can only be seen on the bottom right corner.

Supplies (Papers)
  • Camera Journaling Cards from Oh, Snap Collection by Echo Park
  • Presh "Right Now" Hashtag Paper by My Mind's Eye
  • Hello Hello and Vellum by Studio Calico
  • 3x4 Project Life Card
Supplies (Letters)
  • Patchwork Letter and Number Sticker Book by American Crafts
Supplies (Embellies)
  • Noteworthy Accent & Phrase Sticker Book by Amy Tangerine
  • Tags by Dear Lizzy
  • Chalkboard Arrow Washi by Freckled Fawn
  • Daydream Fabric Stickers by Heidi Grace Designs
  • Mustard Color Shine by Heidi Swapp
  • Black & White Die Cut Clouds, Gold Mini Doilies, Wood Veneer Banner, Gold Polka Dot Washi by Studio Calico
  • Sn@p! Icon Stickers and DIY Clear Stickers Messages by Simple Stories
  • Gold Edge Die Cut Labels by Twine & Ink
Any comments are welcome! Now, off to watch an episode of Elementary before continuing my scrapbook challenge. See you later!

0 comments:

Post a Comment