Sunday, May 25, 2014

Let's Get Sketchy Design Team Call!

Do you know that Let's Get Sketchy is looking for additional 2 to 4 person to join their Design Team? Head over to this post to read all about it!

I have decided to apply for the DT after convincing myself that I CAN do it. I happened to wake up earlier than usual this morning, and the DT call for Let's Get Sketchy was just posted on the blog. I had time to think about it while I was on my morning walk/jog. After I came back from the jog, I started drafting the e-mail for the DT application. All was done except the layout for the DT call sketch, but that has to wait because I have another layout lined up for the day. 

After I finished the layout that I planned to do (which I just blogged about hours ago, at here), I chose a photo and pulled out patterned papers and a few elements that I wanted to use on this DT call layout. The basic idea of how the layout would be was all set, thanks to the sketch, but I waited until after dinner before I started putting down everything. I wanted to see how badly and how committed I am to this DT call thing. Well, it's almost 12 midnight here and I just finished transferring the photos, reviewing the e-mail that I drafted and writing this blog post at this hour, I guess it's safe to say that I DO want this.

So, after a whole lot of grandmother story, here is the layout that I did for the DT call. The sketch for the DT call can be found here

Layout for Let's Get Sketchy DT Call
I hope using vellum instead of another patterned paper does not count as cheating, hahaha. 


I wasn't sure what title to use on this layout, 'Best Buddies' or 'Travel Mates'. At the end decided to use our names instead because I wanted to use that ampersand.


Love this quote, and my buddy right here really has lived some of my best moments with me. Always glad to have him around.


Some simple layering and embellishing and the layout is done!

Supplies (Patterned Papers)
  • Honey Edition 12x12 Patterned Paper by Becky Higgins' Project Life
  • Air Mail by Tim and Beck for Studio Calico
  • Hello Hello and Vellum by Studio Calico
Supplies (Letters)
  • Cut Out Thickers by Amy Tangerine
  • Black Stroll Thickers by American Crafts
Supplies (Embellies)
  • Soda Pop Fabric Stickers by American Crafts
  • Sure Thing Dimensional Stickers by Amy Tangerine
  • Tag from Dear Lizzy
  • Hummingbird Collectables by Kaiser Craft
  • DIY Labels Stickers and Urban Traveler Chipboard Stickers by Simple Stories
I hope I am qualify for the DT call and it will be an honor to be picked as one of Let's Get Sketchy's Design Team members. It surely will be a milestone for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment