Sunday, December 22, 2013

Terminal 21 of Bangkok

Hey guys! Here's another layout that I made for my Bangkok trip. We went to Terminal 21, even though shopping was not high on our list of to do. One of my sis went there and told me about the design and concept of the mall, which is why we decided to go there for some sight-seeing. It's actually a pretty cool and unique concept (to me, at least). You can find a lot of photos of the mall online if you're interested. 

For this layout, I have 3 4x6 photos actually, but I trimmed 2 of them into squares of roughly 4x4. Initially, I have them placed side by side on the horizontal, kinda like the Tales of Toilets layout that I made back in September. Then I snapped a photo of the placement (tips learned from talented Mercy Tiara actually) and decided to come back to it on the second day. And you know what, when I came back to the layout, I think the placement was really dull and not attractive or creative at all. I just don't like it. So after fumbling around for another half an hour, I placed them vertically on the left side of my layout. I usually prefer to place things on the right side, but this time I decided to go with left, just to change my habit a bit. And oh, I decided to stick with the 'use kraft as background for all Bangkok trip' theme, though I abandoned the idea on my last 2 Bangkok layouts ~.~ So this is the final look of my layout.


I SWEAR I forgot to return the Food Terminal Card, I didn't keep it on purpose!


Decorated the corners using a lot of travel themed embellishments that I bought these few years

For this layout, I did a few things differently compared to what I would usually do. For instance, I placed the main focus on the left side of the layout, vertically. Secondly, I use stitching as part of my 'embellishment'. I love the look of machine stitch but since I don't have any sewing machine, I'll just have to make do with my ugly hand stitch. Next, I finally used the gold foil frame which I dreaded using since I received it from my scrapbook kit. Lastly, no title for this layout!! Since the picture alone would have told you where I'm scrapbooking about, I think putting another title to show it seems a bit.. unnecessary. So.much.win!

Supplies (Papers)
  • Kraft & Tourist by Studio Calico
  • Urban Traveler by Simple Stories
Supplies (Embellies)
  • Stacked Chipboard Gold Foil Frames by Studio Calico
  • Chalkboard Arrow Washi by Freckled Fawn
  • FLA!R Adhesive Badges by Amy Tangerine
  • Oh, Snap Sticker Accents and Camera Cutout by Echo Park
  • Mustard Color Shine by Heidi Swapp
  • Boarding Pass Chip n' Stick by October Afternoon
  • Urban Traveler Chipboard Stickers by Simple Stories

p/s: I should be cleaning my room, decluttering stuffs, but instead, I 'wasted' my time away by blogging and convinced myself that this is more important than a tidy room. *facepalm*

0 comments:

Post a Comment