Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Grand Palace @ Bangkok

Oh, the visit to the Grand Palace in Bangkok, how could I ever forget it? That was the only time me and my boyfriend had some slight disagreement *ahem* during the whole trip in Bangkok. The weather was hot, even hotter than Malaysia, and to walk under the sun for hours, posing for pictures, are you seriously kidding me??! Put me under shades and get me a popsicle!

This is also a special layout, or should I say, a layout and a half? Other than the special story behind this layout, I also did something that I have not tried before, creating a complementing 6x12 layout for a 12x12 layout.

For this layout, I have 3 photos with horizontal/vertical mix again. Although I've tackled this problem half a dozen times, the challenge for this time is the extra memorabilia that I got during the visit. I like to collect useless stuffs like this and don't even bother to read them. *shrug*

I started by mentally visualizing the look of my 12x12 layout, and then tried to mirror the overall elements on the 6x12 side. I have these really cute gold doilies from one of the Studio Calico Scrapbook Kit and I know I have got to use them on this layout, along with my favorite Heidi Swapp Mustard Color Shine. My color combo for this round is neutral (black-white-grey-kraft) with pops of gold here and there.

This Dots & Loops patterned paper is awesome!

First time placing the title of the layout on top of the photo, love the look!

Oh Lovely Doilies~

True Story

The complementing 6x12 layout with the brochure and ticket stubs

I pulled out all of my gold embellishments for this layout, which isn't a lot. I have to substitute the gold with some yellow instead. The gold paper clip on the 6x12 layout is by Amy Tangerine from the Planetarium Project Life Kit. These will go side by side in my *non existence/imaginary* scrapbook album. I'm still debating should I decorate or add another 6x12 layout on the back of this 6x12 layout, because I would be putting it in a 6x12 page protector. Well, I guess it depends on how hardworking I am.

Supplies (Papers)
  • Dots & Loops and Kraft by Studio Calico
  • Stamp Book from Travel Girl Collection by October Afternoon
Supplies (Letters)
  • Thickers by American Crafts
  • Project Life Kit Alpha by Basic Grey
  • Gold Foil Alpha by Dear Lizzy
Supplies (Embellies)
  • Paper Clip Set by Amy Tangerine
  • Mustard Color Shine by Heidi Swapp
  • Gold Polka Dot Washi by Studio Calico
  • Gold Mini Doilies by Studio Selections
  • Gold Edge Die Cut Labels by Twine & Ink
  • Brads

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a lovely Christmas Eve!

0 comments:

Post a Comment