Sunday, December 29, 2013

Favorite {Food|Drink} of this Journey

This is the last layout for my Bangkok trip. These two photos are actually filler photos (I ordered a 200 prints of 4x6 but couldn't get that many photos to print so I started including in some photos that I had no intention to scrapbook, until I took a second look at them. Also explains why some of my layouts has more photos than it should)

We went to many restaurants and stalls, but didn't get a lot of pictures of other food. But these two, my absolute favorite! I had the pineapple fried rice at the airport actually, right before our flight back home. They put in a lot of ingredients, which they rarely do at other places. Chicken floss, shrimps, cashew nuts, pineapple cubes and raisins! And they put the fried rice in a real pineapple (okay, some places do that too but the ingredients that they put in, there's no comparison) Oh my oh my, mouth watering isn't it? 

As for the pomegranate juice, that's love at first sip I tell you. They have stalls selling those everywhere, and I think they're expensive, I mean, a small bottle which I can drain in 3 gulps costs 20 Baht? They have other juices in the larger bottle which is only 15 to 20 Baht! And why don't they have it here, in Malaysia!! All I can find is pomegranate scented body products, which I can't drink. *sigh*

Pretty Pretty Layout

The 3x4 cut out is perfect for my title placement

I love the green 'Love This' 3x4 cut out too!

Finally put the instax frame chipboard to good use!

The photos are quite colorful and I wanted to use a more colorful background instead of the dull kraft that I've used on the other Bangkok layouts. I have chosen a happy colorful diagonal stripes, then I pulled out most of my colorful supplies such as cut outs, chipboard, and some other patterned papers too. The placement of the photos and patterned papers came down quickly, and I even added some kraft to make this layout 'connected' to the others. As for embellishments, I couldn't find anything that match, again. Then I decided to use the postage stickers I received from Studio Calico, and looked up food-cafe-restaurant themed stickers, which they have a few on it, and use those as embellishments instead. Not perfect, but better than without.

Supplies (Papers)
  • 31 cours des 4 jeudis #12 by 4heures27
  • Alister Cut Apart Sheet from Cut & Paste Collection by Amy Tangerine
  • Dot & Loops, Garden Party, Tiny Love & Kraft by Studio Calico
Supplies (Letters)
  • Thickers by American Crafts
  • Swagger Sticker Fundamentals by Fancy Pants
  • Raspberry Tiny Alpha Stickers by Kaisercraft
  • Tiny Alpha Stickers by Time & Beck
Supplies (Embellies)
  • Orange Polka Dot with Heart Washi by Freckled Fawn
  • Labels by Hello Forever
  • Urban Traveler Chipboard Stickers by Simple Stories
  • Puffy Stickers by Twine+Ink
  • Candy Stripers by Queens & Co.
  • Korean Postage Stickers

Thank you for stopping by, and have a lovely Sunday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment