Sunday, January 5, 2014

Where is the Golden Ticket?

Hey ya everyone, Happy 2014! I still have a few layouts from 2013 that I have not yet blogged about, I promise I'll get them up in these two weeks. 

I have not made any New Year Resolution for 2014, though I'll be more easy on myself this year. It's going to be a tough year, but there are also some good things to be expected. =)

Okay, back to scrappy business. This is a random topic layout, something about me and my personality. When I was in Sydney, I bought this bar of chocolate, just because it's 'Wonka's chocolate bar', I don't even like to eat chocolate, so it seems stupid but I really wanted to get myself a chocolate bar by Wonka!! And so I bought it, and took me almost a week to finish that. It's yummy, but as I've said, not a big fan of chocolate. And though I know it's impossible to find any Golden Ticket in it, still, I hoped and hoped like a little girl. So basically that's the story of this layout, I wanted to get my hands on a Wonka bar hoping there would be a Golden Ticket inside so I would get to visit the cool factory, LOL!

Took me a while to find a nice patterned paper for the background

Where is the Golden Ticket?

Memorabilia instead of photo

Yummy Mint Jellies by Queen & Co.

Decorate the Corner!!

Ever since I received the Vellum I ordered from Studio Calico, it's a bit hard to not use them on most of my layouts. I love how it softens the bold pattern, easy on the eye. The background patterned paper is from Studio Calico, and I love it! The not-so-rigid light brown and cream chevron, a yummy combination. I used mint and red on the layout too, since the memorabilia has both of the color and it's an easier choice to just follow that than creating a whole new coordinating color combination. Before I made this layout, I went out to look for gold thickers and luckily I found what I needed. I love how I placed the title on top of the Vellum, looks really nice, isn't it? And I just realized my titles are usually very long and I always have to use at least 2 different packs of letters for that. Luckily I have acquired quite a lot, in various shapes and sizes and colors. Other than that, not much embellishments were used on this layout, I just cut out some phrases and stuffs from the chocolate bar packaging and used those instead. At least the wordings will be related to the topic and the color combination is totally right.

Supplies (Papers)
  • Now is Now, Say What, Kraft & Vellum by Studio Calico
  • London Fog by Bazzill
  • Stamp Book from Travel Girl Collection by October Afternoon
Supplies (Letters)
  • Hardcover Gold Foil Letter Stickers by American Crafts
  • Honey Sticky Keys by October Afternoon
  • Craft Mini Alpha from Typo
Supplies (Embellies)
  • Scattered Red Polka Washi by Freckled Fawn
  • Mint Jellies by Queen & Co.
  • Gold Polka Dot Washi & 3x6 * Thickers by Studio Calico
Alright everyone, enjoy your Sunday! I'm hoping I can at least get started with my Kyoto-Osaka trip layouts or list down my New Year Resolution today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment