Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Up To No Good

Hello everyone! It's another public holiday here in Malaysia, and I get to slack at home and do nothing, yay! 

This is the last layout I made in year 2013, and it's about the 3 kids in my life. This layout captured their mischief and it's another fun topic to scrapbook, but I had a hard time coming up with a nice title, until I saw one layout with a famous phrase from Harry Potter (sorry I couldn't recall where I found that layout),

I Solemnly Swear that I am Up To No Good

I didn't have any journaling on this layout, and I've kept embellishments to a minimum (for my standard, anyway). I have chosen 3 spots as my visual triangle and decorated each with a wooden monkey that my sis bought for me on her trip to Bangkok (yes, those kids are like monkeys sometimes, too playful indeed). I added the kids' initial beside the monkey and did a little embellishing.

Big Brother, ZY

Only Girl, YL

Baby Brother, ZE

The background patterned paper is from one of the Studio Calico kits. I think the bright orange and stars pattern are a good match for kids related layout. The photos are backed with another 2 different patterned papers and some vellum. 

Final Look
 
When I trimmed the manufacturer's strip from the background patterned paper, I didn't get a clean trim, my blade was a bit dull. So I used scissors to do a little bit more trimming, that was when I didn't get a straight cut and I decided to make the four edges uneven by cutting them not straight, on purpose. It's difficult to tell from the photo, I think.

Supplies (Papers)
  • Twinkle Twinkle & Vellum by Studio Calico
  • Sleigh Bell Trail from 25th & Pine Collection by Basic Grey
  • Stamp Book from Travel Girl Collection by October Afternoon
  • 4x6 and 3x4 Project Life Cards
Supplies (Letters)
  • Typo Kraft Embossed Mini Alpha
  • Glitter Black Thickers by Pink Paislee for Studio Calico
  • Swagger & Trendsetter Sticker Fundamentals by Fancy Pants
Supplies (Embellies)
  • Fla!r Adhesive Badges by Amy Tangerine 
  • Star Metal Studs by Basic Grey
  • Polka Dot with Heart & Chalkboard Washi Tape by Freckled Fawn
  • Happy Words Glitter Stickers by Glitz & Glitter
  • Daydream Fabric Stickers by Heidi Grace Designs
  • 6x8 Perforated Word Strips & Woodgrain Star Sequins by Studio Calico

So, that's all for my 2013 layouts, going to continue making more awesome layouts this year. Stay tuned! And thanks for stopping by.

0 comments:

Post a Comment