Sunday, January 12, 2014

Here, There & Everywhere

Happy Sunday! I'm back to share another layout that I made back in December, and probably one of my favorites. I love the photos and the story behind the layout, more to an everyday story, not staged portrait or something. Anyway, I doubt you can get the kids to cooperate on a staged portrait, they just don't give a damn LOL But these are the type of stories that I love to record, the little things that can put a smile on our faces when we look back at the layouts.

I knew what title I was going to use when I first saw these photos. Here, there and everywhere! It's a very long title, and I had to use a few different letters to spell that out. Love the colorful and black letters contrast. Love having the letters on photo too~

Here, There & Everywhere

This background paper is by Fancy Pants, and although I love the chevron pattern, I don't like the orange, it's more of a darker orange. I decided to use vellum to cover the whole background paper. I have this 'when in doubt, use vellum' kind of thinking recently, so I have used quite a lot of vellum on my last few layouts. I used Amy Tangerine's Embroidery Stencil Kit to sew the word 'LOVE' at the bottom corner too. 

LOVE

LOVE closeup. Excuse the blurriness.

Added a glitter 'precious' sticker on top of the word LOVE

Decorated the top corner of the photos
 
Decorated a little bit here too
 
Voila!

The top photo showed that all the grown ups were trying to get the kids attention directed at the camera, but even after telling them to look at the camera, only the eldest kid looked at it. I think everywhere else was much more interesting to look at than the camera on that day, hahaha. By the way, I was the one holding the camera, and I love taking candid shots, that's why I always ended up with too many photos. But that is also the reason why I get to capture these special moments. 

Supplies (Papers)
  • Rosewood from Collecting Moments Collection by Fancy Pants
  • Sleigh Bell Trail from 25th & Pine Collection by Basic Grey
  • Tiny Love, Vellum & Project Life Card by Studio Calico
  • Neapolitan Tag by Dear Lizzy
Supplies (Letters)
  • Sn@p Letters Stickers by Simple Stories
  • Patchwork Letter and Number Sticker Book by American Crafts
Supplies (Embellies)
  • Orange Polka with Heart by Freckled Fawn
  • Happy Words Glitter Stickers by KI Memories
  • Jewel Candy Dots by Pebbles
  • Icon Embroidery Stencil Kit by Amy Tangerine for Studio Calico
  • Real Life Badge by In a Creative Bubble for Studio Calico
  • Sn@p Icons Stickers by Simple Stories
  • Brads & Buttons

Almost half a month has passed since New Year, and I still have not sit down and think about what I want to do with my life. 26 and clueless, oh my.. I also haven't make any 12x12 layouts yet, though I've started with my Kyoto-Osaka trip Pocket Pages. The progress is very slow, and I think the earliest I can get it done will probably be around March? I just can't seem to coordinate everything on the Pocket Page and it will probably be the messiest non coordinating layouts I ever made.

0 comments:

Post a Comment