Saturday, January 3, 2015

Saturday Share: Warmest of Thoughts

Hello, dear friends! How is 2015 treating you so far? I hope all is well and fine.

I spent the last few weeks of 2014 trying to plan ahead what I will be doing for this year. So, here goes. For the first quarter of 2015, I will be writing 4 blog posts per month, alternating between the layouts and handmade cards I made. Why is it only the first quarter, you asked? Well, I might have gone missing again like I did every year, so let's just keep it real and put down what I really could achieve right now. And there might be some posts about my planner, though I haven't really come up with any planning on blogging about my planner-addiction, yet.

So, for the first (or actually, second) post of 2015, I will start with a handmade card. Very simple, yet I find it quite beautiful, if I may say so myself *wink* 


I bought this owl stamp a few years ago, where I kept convincing myself that I NEED an owl stamp (and this one is just too cute, I MUST get it). Years passed by, and I only used it once for a layout I did in 2013. So, when I decided to go back to handmade cards, this little owl popped his head out and yelled, 'Use me! Use me!' hahaha 


I finished this card within half an hour, and that is quite satisfying. This is what I love about card-making, it is far less time-consuming, and even such simple design can have a beautiful outcome.


I really love this sentiment stamp by Simon Says Stamp. My handwriting can never be this neat *sigh*

Supplies (Stamp)
  • Whoots, by Art Impressions
  • (Tree Branch) Fanciful Swirl Alphabets by Hero Arts
  • (Sentiment) Absolutely Delightful by Simon Says Stamp
Supplies (Ink Pad)
  • Cup O' Joe Mid Tone Shadow Ink by Hero Arts
  • Black Pigment Ink Pad
Supplies (Others)
  • 300 gsm A6 Card Blank
  • Classic Color Pencils by Faber-Castell

That's all for this week! Do come back next week for another post on a layout I made.

If you would like to see more of my layouts and paper craft creation, hit the follow button on my blog and check out my Instagram (ID: peifang_alice).

Have a wonderful weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment