Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Australian Museum

I *think* this will be the last layout for my Sydney trip last year. I only left a few random pointless photos, which I think I'll just leave them at the bottom of my drawer.

My looooong weekend started since Thursday, and I only managed to get ONE layout done, sigh.. Well, at least I met up with some of my uni mates and had plenty of nap. Plenty. There goes my looooong weekend ~.~

Shimelle hosted a Best of Both Worlds Scrapbooking Weekend last week, with a lot of fun challenges for us to try. I thought I'll be using my looooong weekend to complete at least THREE challenges. Oh well, next time I know I shouldn't overestimate myself. Three challenges? Bah.

In this layout I used the flexible template as my basic sketch. It's pretty simple actually, photos at the top and title and journaling at the bottom. No fixed dimension and we can scale the areas for photos/journaling however we want. See how flexible it is?

Initially I wanted the background for this layout to be just colored cardstock, because I have a lot of photos and probably will do heavy embellishing on the page. After referring to the other layouts for this trip, I decided to use a more busy background because the other layouts all have very very busy background, so I pulled out this Echo Park, Just My Type patterned paper. Then I used different tones of orange to neutralized the overall look.




I love the cork thickers!
Journaling spot with a cute owl!
Little embellishing

Supplies (Patterned Papers)
  • For the Record 2, Just My Type by Echo Park
  • Limitless by Studio Calico
  • XSC-050 by Basic Grey for Studio Calico
Supplies (Alphas)
  • Dazzle Cork Thickers by American Crafts
  • Kut Kraft Alphabeans by Jillibean Soup
  • White Alpha Stickers by Basic Grey
Supplies (Embellishments)
  • Cute Overload Tiny Matte Puffy Accents, Oh Yes Fabric Stickers & date stamp by Amy Tangerine
  • Whoots by Art Impressions (Owl rubber stamp, cute!!) 
  • Tabloids Two-Sided Elements by Authentique
  • Star Metal Studs by Basic Grey
  • Geo Tag Resin by Freckled Fawn for Studio Calico
  • Boarding Pass Chip n' Stick by October Afternoon
  • Cork printed Washi by Studio Calico
  • 3x4 and 4x6 Project Life Card

0 comments:

Post a Comment