Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wonderfully Special

Fresh from the oven!

I rarely ('never' seems to be a more accurate word of choice) scrapbook a layout and blog about it on the same day! While my engine is still running, better get it done! Plus, I need to get 2 items on my resolution off before the end of July (4 blog posts and 2 12x12 layouts/month, checked!)!

So here we are, a layout that I've just created 15 minutes ago~

Scrapbooking in blank background is very fun, because I like the contrast of a busy content and clean background. Plus, our eyes will easily focus on the photos and stories. ^.^



I used different letter stickers for the title, my teddy's name is in red foam letter stickers, and the word policebear is from Trendsetter Sticker Fundamentals by Fancy Pants. The phrase 'you are wonderfully special to me' is by Simon Says Stamp and I stamped it with Hero Arts mid tone Shadow Ink, Cup o' Joe on a pink cardstock. Took me probably a dozen time to get a not-all-smudgie look. I really need to practice on my stamping..


I wanted to use the long envelope as part of my design, so I started adding patterned papers on top and at the back of it, tucked the title and phrase at the top and a strip of washi tape and patterned paper at the bottom. Also added my photo and memorabilia with a tag tucked behind them, and a round metal paper clip at the middle. I added a frame on top of my photo and used 2 fabric stickers as embellishment.


The memorabilia can be opened and I only added a 'Delightful' sticker on it. So so cute~


Finally, at the top left corner of the layout, I added a strip of washi, some patterned papers, a fabric border sticker, and little embellishments.

And the end results:


Ain't it lovely~? Probably my favorite layout of the month! Cute and simple and colorful.

Supplies (Papers)
Supplies (Embellishments)
  • Photo Frame Die Cut Shape from Basic Grey (July SC Scrapbook Kit)
  • Freckled Fawn Orange Polka Dot with Heart Washi Tape
  • Simple Stories Sn@p! Icon Stickers
  • Amy Tangerine Noteworthy Accents and Phrase Stickers
  • Studio Calico Chipboard Shapes Stickers
  • American Crafts Soda Pop Fabric Stickers
  • Heidi Grace Designs Daydream and Border Fabric Stickers 
  • Round metal paper clip (July SC Scrapbook Kit)
Supplies (Others)
  • American Crafts Knock Outs Border Punch
  • Dimensional Pop Dots

0 comments:

Post a Comment