Saturday, July 27, 2013

Japan ATCs

Hello everyone! Just a quick post to show the ATCs that I've done for one of the swaps in Swap Bot, Japan themed ATC. Swapping has been slow for me, as I have too many side activities (craft, nap, read, Japanese etc.), so I only join those with topics that interests me. 

My swap partner has received the ATC I made and rated me with a lovely comment, so very happy about that =) Even though the canvas for an ATC is small compared to a 12 x 12 layout, but both seems difficult to me. On one side, I have to squeeze everything on a 2.5 x 3.5, on the other hand I need to try to decorate the whole 12 x 12, very different challenges. Well, I guess I'm still a newbie in the whole crafty thing, let's just hope it gets better with time.

The Japan themed ATCs (swap requires only one but I made two, will be using the other one on my Japan trip LO soon) are made from my ever growing pile of scrap papers, with some inking on all the edges, and a girl in Kimono clear stamp by Hero Arts. The letter stickers are from October Afternoon and the geotag chipboard is by Studio Calico. 

♥ I sent the 'Girl in Kimono' for my swap partner, and kept the 'Japan' for myself. ♥

The images are stamped on a tone-on-tone flower patterned paper, because I wanted the kimonos to have some flower patterns on it, however, I totally forgot about the face of the kawaii girl LOL! Hopefully my swap partner didn't and won't realize the stupid mistake. Other than that, I cheated on the stamping too. I have a hard time stamping a crisp clear images, especially with the hair of the girl. So... I used a pencil to shade it.. *guilty* Let's hope my swap partner won't find out about that too. Lastly, I used some red and orange colored pens to decorate the kimonos. Voila! 可愛いですよね~

0 comments:

Post a Comment