Sunday, July 28, 2013

Craft Shopping!!

Caution: Loooong post

I don't shop for clothes much, but I LOVE shopping for new craft supplies!! I usually get my craft supplies from online stores in the US, because the local scrapbook stores around my area, they marked up the price so high I think I can buy more items if I get them straight from the US online stores. Not that I blame them, I know it's expensive to import all the pretty papers and embellishments here, and they have to pay for the rental etc., but I just can't accept the price, especially since I sorta know what's the usual price in US Dollar. However, recently the bookstore nearest to my house started carrying scrapbook embellishments, by AMERICAN CRAFTS!!!! When I first found out, I swear I almost fainted on the spot hahaha!

I ♥ the AT puffy stickers so much I need to get three of it. Need to.
I went to the bookstore three times this month, and every time I came back with different embellishments!! Of course, it does mean that my savings this month will be lesser.. *booo* 
Then, I started scrapbooking, which I really think I shouldn't, because I have talked myself into signing up a monthly scrapbook kit by Studio Calico. >.< Oh the excitement when I open the nicely packaged scrapbook kit every month, priceless!

And the point of this post? Actually I made a 12 x 12 layout about my craft shopping obsession, thought you would like to know some of the stories behind. Hopefully I didn't bore anyone to death. So back to the topic, a look at the layout I made.

*Craft Shopping*, Yes Please
Green is definitely not my color, but I just have too many greens in my stash and decided to use them all (or most of them) on a single layout. And honestly, I think the overall looks good. Probably just the Ikea effect. The base is Surf by American Crafts, and the 6 x 6 on the left is Optimism by Studio Calico, both are from the Studio Calico June Scrapbook Main Kit. The 6 x 6 on the right is Down the Boardwalk, Gone Surfin', by We R Memory Keepers. I tucked a strip of embossed cardstock of the same color but different tone at the top and the bottom of the 6 x 6 papers.

Annual Craft Shopping!
One of the photos is instax and another is printed in square. Both are the craft supplies I bought, one earlier this year, and another on last year. I topped the photos with a frame and added a cute chipboard banner at the corner .  

Random Thoughts - My Irrational Crafting Fear
Do something today to make the world more beautiful
*Craft Shopping* Yes Please~
Create Everyday
Short Journaling

As usual, took me hours to finish the layout. And took me hours to blog about it too. This is exhausting~ And I need to get another layout done before calling it a day, oh my..

Supplies (Letters)
  • American Crafts Chelsea Letter Stickers
  • Amy Tangerine Thickers
  • Kaiser Craft Raspberry Tiny Alpha Stickers

Supplies (Embellishments)
  • Amy Tangerine Bits Die Cut Cardstock Shapes, Noteworthy Accent & Phrase Sticker Book, Sure Thing Dimensional Stickers and Doodle Dimensional Stickers
  • Heidi Grace Designs Tweet Memories Layered Chipboard Stickers
  • Pebbles Chips Varnish Chipboard
  • Simple Stories Sn@p! Icons Stickers
  • SRM Life is Good Sticker Sentiments

0 comments:

Post a Comment