Saturday, December 27, 2014

Best {seal} Show Ever

Happy Saturday!! 
How was your Christmas? I spent a quiet one at home, reading, catching up with all my TV series, crafting, and planning for 2015. 

2014 is coming to an end, have you set your goals and make plans for the coming year? I think I might have pushed myself a bit too hard and wrote down a dozen things to do every weekend. It will definitely be very tough, but great things never came from comfort zone, right? (And, I allow myself to review my plans every month, so I might take half of the stuff out if I really couldn't keep up hahaha)

This week's layout is quite challenging, trying to fit 3 4x6 photos onto a 12x12. I remembered the pocket pages method I learned from an online class, and I did try that out once. But, I usually try not to duplicate my layouts, unless they are of the same theme. 

So, this has got me thinking, and while browsing through my old layouts for inspiration, I found this layout. There are 3 photos on it, but they are not all 4x6 because I trimmed them down. I like the idea of having them lined up on one side, and that was how everything started to fall into place for this layout.


I decided to go with minimal embellishing with this layout, but wanting the title to stand out. Frames are the best way to make the title pops. 


The wooden ticket is too cute, had to put that there. Then I added another label to write down the place of the show.


Lastly, my all time favorite, decorating one of the top corners of the layout. I wanted to add the '#seal' on the layout, but it seemed to be floating alone at the top corner. Then I pulled out a transparency frame as my base, added a vellum sticker, a paper banner, some woodgrain star sequins, and secured the cluster on the layout using brads. The transparency alphabet diecuts are so cute!


Aaaand, another layout done! Though I did spend a lot of time on this one because I was quite distracted while making the layout. Hopefully I will maintain this efficiency and make a layout or card and write a blog post every week. That is my plan for 2015, see how long I am able to keep up with it hahaha

Supplies (Patterned Papers)
  • Picture This by Studio Calico
  • Perfect Picture from Polka Dot Party Collection by Dear Lizzy, American Crafts
  • 3x4 Project Life Cards
Supplies (Letters)
  • Cut Out Thickers by Amy Tangerine
  • Transparency Alphabet DieCuts from June OhDeerMe Kit
Supplies (Embellies)
  • DieCut Frames by Dear Lizzy, American Crafts
  • Wood Ticket, Label Stickers from June OhDeerMe Kit
  • Close Knit Photo Overlays Abbreviated Pack by Crate Paper
  • Mint Jellies by Queen & Co.
  • Woodgrain Star Sequins by Studio Calico
  • Brads

That is all for today. Any comments are appreciated!

If you would like to see more of my layouts and paper craft creation, hit the follow button on my blog and check out my Instagram

This is the last weekend of 2014, I'll see you again in 2015. Have a wonderful weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment