Saturday, October 19, 2013

Petite Audrey @ Siam Center

Happy Saturday everyone! 

I've started scrapping all the photos for my Bangkok trip earlier this year. I didn't take much photos so it wouldn't be as crazy as my Kyoto/Osaka trip. 7 to 8 layouts should be able to cover everything for the trip. I didn't make any mini album for this trip, because I was lazy and couldn't get it done before the trip, and of course, there's really nothing much to record. Not saying that it wasn't a fun trip, but Bangkok is really just a shopping heaven. Sightseeing, not so much. (That's just my personal opinion, maybe it's because I didn't really have a plan, A's friend was there to pick us up and kinda planned our trip for us)

This layout is about a neat little cafe we found inside the Siam Center, Petite Audrey Cafe. I was drawn to the beautiful interior design, I searched the web and other bloggers described it as a 'French Contemporary Vintage' style (and I have no idea what it means). The decors are mostly in black and white and pastel blue, which is totally cute!

I tried to create the feel of the cafe through the patterned papers I used, though I have swapped the pastel blue to pink. I used a lot of repetitive prints and birds accent to bring out my own representation of the 'French Contemporary Vintage'.
 
Patterned Paper: He Said 6x6 Paper Pad by Teresa Collins. Loving the polka dotted thickers too!

Patterned Paper: Down the Boardwalk, Gone Surfin' by We R Memory Keepers

In the pocket

Patterned Paper: Love You Madly by Glitz

Overall

This layout is actually for one of the challenges from Art+Science Scrapbook Workshop, using a Project Life pocket page for a layout. I don't have any pocket page, so I have to improvise and I used the block design of a pocket page as my 'sketch'. Since my photos are all horizontal, I picked the most basic 6 4x6 pocket page design. It does limit the amount of embellishments I could put on the page, and I think it is a great approach when I have limited embellishments that go with the page or when I'm just plain lazy to embellish. I do like this layout very much, and I'm thinking to scrap my Kyoto/Osaka trip using Project Life pocket pages, because of the amount of photos I have, and mostly with multiple photos for a single layout. All in all, I'm very happy I took on this challenge, because it certainly brought me new ideas about how I can scrapbook, especially with multiple 4x6 photos. 

How do you like my layout? 

Supplies (Base for the Layout)
  • Kraft paper by Studio Calico
Supplies (Letters)
  • Thickers by Studio Calico
  • Raspberry Tiny Alpha Stickers by Kaiser Craft
  • 4x6 Alpha Stickers by Basic Grey
Supplies (Embellies)
  • Chalkboard with Arrows and Puffy Star by Freckled Fawn
  • ABC Washi by Studio Calico (Double Scoop Scrapbook Kit)
  • Arrow & Geotag Chipboard Shapes Stickers by Studio Calico
  • Hummingbird Collectibles by Kaiser Craft
  • Pretty Party Border Stickers by Crate Paper

0 comments:

Post a Comment