Sunday, September 15, 2013

It's a Love Thing

I printed a bunch of photos last month, and after sorting them, I realized I need to make around 50+ LOs and a few mini albums. Don't think I can finish it all this year. *deep breath* one baby step at a time, I can do it!

I was having a hard time deciding which to scrap first, I mean they're all important in their own ways. In the end, I just grabbed what fancies me and work from there. The first photo that I've chosen is my parents with my cutie niece. There isn't any story to tell from this particular photo, but I just like the feel of it. Something to scrap and display at home.

Step 1: Gather Supplies

Step 2: Sprinkle My Fav. Mustard Color Shine

Step 3: Choose a Fav. Patterned Paper

Step 4: Glue Everything Down

Step 5: Decorate one of the Corners

Step 6: Done & Admire the Outcome

I'm slightly obsessed with 'decorating one of the corners', I think I did that in almost every LO. And again, embellishing took a long time. I tried to use up most of the cabochons and sequins from my scrapbook kit. Colors used in this LO including various shades of red and blue and some splashes of yellow here and there. Those are the colors that appeared in the photos. I tried to top blue embellishments on red background and vice versa. It's so subtle you might miss it if I don't mention it. But now you see them, right? Reds on blue, blues on red, with a splash of yellow to brighten things up. The initial title for the LO is Grandparents & Granddaughter, but I found that phrase sticker 'it's a love thing' and I think it's a more appropriate title for this LO, don't you think so?

Supplies (Patterned Papers)
  • Day to Day and Tiny Love by Studio Calico 
  • XSC-050 by Basic Grey for Studio Calico
  • Project Life 3x4 Card from Studio Calico Valley High PL Kit
 Supplies (Alphas)
  • Trendsetter Sticker Fundamentals by Fancy Pants
 Supplies (Embellishments)
  • Amy Tangerine: Noteworthy Accent & Phrase Sticker Book; Paint Fabric Stickers
  • Heidi Swapp Mustard Color Shine
  • Life-Love-Paper for Studio Calico Cork Tags
  • Studio Calico: 3x6 Glossy * Thickers; Gold Polka Dot Washi Tape; GeoTag Thickers; Cabochons and Sequins
  • SRM Life is Good Sentiment Stickers

0 comments:

Post a Comment