Saturday, February 14, 2015

Saturday Share: Like Mother Like Daughter

Happy Saturday! Welcome to another week of Saturday Share.

Today I will be sharing a layout that I created using Stuck?! Sketches February 1st Challenge. They are currently having a DT call too, so if you're interested, hop over to their blog and join in the fun. The DT call is open until February 28th.


Back to my layout. I used neutral colors for the background of the layout, and reds and blues for layering and embellishing. That makes the main cluster of my layout more lively and stands out from the background.

The photo of this layout featured my eldest sister and her daughter, and I titled it 'Like Mother Like Daughter'. 

Love this letter stickers by Amy Tangerine

Beautiful

A little butterfly embellishment to cover up the edges

My favorite spot of this layout, layering of the butterfly embellishments on top of a heart-shaped doilies

The final look

I love the final look of the layout, and I am glad I have chosen this frames patterned paper as my background. I was going to use a pink or red background, but I think the effect would make the overall look of the layout not as outstanding as this combo.

How do you like my layout? Let me know in the comment.

Thank you for stopping by this week, hope to see you again on next Saturday!

If you wish to see more of my paper craft creation, hit the follow button on my blog, then head over to my Instagram account!

Patterned Papers
  • Fascinating Friends and Polka Dot Plates from Polka Dot Party Collection by Dear Lizzy
  • Homemeade Hello and Vellum by Studio Calico
  • Love You Madly 8" Paper Pad by Glitz
Letters
  • Alpha Stickers by Becky Higgins Project Life
  • Cut Out Thickers by Amy Tangerine
Embellishments
  • Die Cut Frames by Dear Lizzy
  • Pearl Brad from June OhDeerMe Kit by Freckled Fawn
  • Hummingbird Die Cut Shapes by Kaiser Craft
  • Chipboard Butterfly from local bookstore
  • Bling and heart-shaped doilies

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great page, love the products you used for this photo they aer just perfect! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty page! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mix of old and new products here! Such a priceless pic, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete