Sunday, November 2, 2014

Wacky Duo

Hello, long abandoned blog! And happy Sunday, dear readers.

(Skip the next 2 paragraphs if you're not interested with my excuses for being away)

Sorry for being away for so long, but this time I have a few very good reasons for being absent LOL I was away for vacation for almost 2 weeks in September, and when I came back, I started working on a new job. Then I switched from scrapbooking to reading. I just bought too many books and had to finish a few of them so I can buy more =p

I am still in the process of adapting to my new work and planning out my free time because I have too many hobbies, and trying to juggle between them makes me accomplish NOTHING at all, which is quite frustrating. Then, I decided to join the planner-craze. I wanted to DIY my own planner, and that has taken up most of my nights these days because I am still trying to find a format that fits my needs. Scrapbooking, reading, online courses, planner decorating, hanging out with friends, spending time with family, catching up with all my favorite TV shows and among other things. Trying to fit all these on a 2 days weekend, that is quite impossible. Or is it just me with the time management issue? 26 and still have no idea how to manage my time, am I the only one? *hopefully not* 

So, back to this layout that I did. It was supposed to be blogged and posted on my social media last weekend for my sister's birthday, but you know me, BIG procrastinator. 

I was on a creative rut but I really wanted to push myself to create something, so I used the sketch from Come On Get Crafty October Sketch Challenge, which is a fairly simple and minimalist sketch. 

I have this patterned paper from My Mind's Eye for a while now, and I have difficulty using the A side, but the B side is a simple white and gray chevron and that is perfect as a background. Adding some red and green and yellow to make it pops, with the wacky photo of my sister and her husband, voila, a layout is done! As simple as ABC, but it still took me a very long time because I was watching some dramas while making the layout >.<

Hello, wacky duo!

Love the Title and the Photo Frame!

And also the patterned paper by Amy Tangerine in the frame

Say CHEESE

This tiny embellishment cluster 


Supplies (Patterned Papers)
  • Sky's the Limit from Find Your Wings & Fly Collection and Banners from Love Me Collection by My Mind's Eye
  • Yes, Please 6x6 Paper Pad by Amy Tangerine
Supplies (Letters)
  • Muse Thickers by American Crafts
  • Honey Sticky Keys by October Afternoon
Supplies (Embellies)
  • Enamel Dew Drop Stickers and Scattered Red Polka Dot Washi Tape by Freckled Fawn
  • 6x8 Perforated Word Strips by Studio Calico
  • DIY Clear Stickers Messages by Simple Stories
  • Adhesive Photo Frames from local bookstore

That's all for today. 

Thank you for stopping by, and hopefully I will have another layout done by next weekend to share with all of you. Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment