Sunday, November 3, 2013

Ibis Hotel @ Bangkok

Good day! Posting another simple layout for my Bangkok trip.

So far for all my 12x12 layouts, I will at least have one photo as a visual representation for the story. The photos for my first handful of layouts were printed in Instax formats, which is called Story Cards. The challenge back then was to fill the other vast empty space on the layout because the size of the photos is very small, especially if I have less than 4 Instax-sized photos on a single layout.

After experimenting with the Story Cards, I think I prefer good ol' 4x6 standard sized printed photos. Not saying that Story Cards isn't good, but it does have its limitation. And with the 4x6 photos, came the challenge of photos placement, because I can have up to 6 photos for a single layout, and some with horizontal/vertical mix. For example, my previous Tiffany's Show layout. That, I would rate its difficulty 4 out of 5 stars, more than 3 photos + horizontal/vertical mix. As for this layout, it's difficulty level is only 2 stars, 2 photos but with horizontal/vertical mix.

A fairly simple layout

Ibis Hotel is strategically located nearby the shopping centers of Bangkok

There was no journaling when I first finished the LO, but it looked really dull, so I added the journaling around the edge, and honestly it definitely looks better with the journaling. The only embellishment on the page is the photo frame with the butterfly.

Supplies (Papers)
  • Kraft paper by Studio Calico
  • Fascinating Friends, Polka Dot Party by Dear Lizzy (Double Scoop Scrapbook Kit)
  • Yellow Chevron, Take a Hike by Simple Stories
  • London Fog Bazzill by Studio Calico
Supplies (Letters)
Supplies (Embellies) 
  • Orange Polka Dot with Heart Washi Tape by Freckled Fawn

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment