Monday, May 6, 2013

Shimelle's Third Challenge: Mist!

I bought the Heidi Swapp Mustard Color Shine on my last craft haul. It's the first mist that I bought and I ♥ the color and the shiny effect it creates. Misting is a new technique I tried this year and I'm still in the process of experimenting on what I can do with it. 

My first attempt was using it on a dark background. I don't think I sprayed it evenly and it created blotches all around. 



Anyhow, the overall effect of the yellow on grey background is not bad and I'm happy with it.

I saw Shimelle has a mist challenge on her blog for NSD and I think that's another great excuse to play with my mist. On my second take of mist, I tried misting using a mask by The Crafters Workshop, Mini Life Strips 6x6 Template.


The word 'Awesome' is from the same mask too, but I inked this one with ColorBox Cat's Eye Daffodil Pigment Ink instead of using the mist.

The journaling spot is created using mist and mask.
My journaling spot took me a few attempts to get the look I want and I made 2 mistakes while trying. Firstly, I used my hand to hold down the mask and sprayed the mist. Well, bad idea. My hand was all glittery after that. The second mistake I made was spraying too near the paper. It gets too wet and I threw that away. There are still a lot about misting that I need to learn, especially with the mustard color I bought, I really need to experiment to see how it will look on background of different colors, and other ways of using it too. 

Supplies 
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye 6x6 Designer Paper Pad, Away We Go
Mist: Heidi Swapp Mustard Color Shine
Mask: The Crafters Workshop 6x6 Template, Mini Life Strips
Ink: ColorBox Cat's Eye Pigment Ink, Daffodil
Alphabet Letter Stickers: October Afternoon Sticky Keys, Honey
Washi Tape: Freckled Fawn, Chalkboard Arrow
Embellishments: Simple Stories Sn@p! Stickers, Icons
Others: Star-shaped Punch & Pop Dots

And that's all for the first layout I made for NSD. Hope you like what I did and any comments is appreciated. 

Up next, is the second layout I made for another of Shimelle's challenge too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment