Friday, July 18, 2014

Cockington Green Gardens

Hello hello, happy Friday!

I know I promised there will be a new layout last week, but life got in the way, and I do not have the mood to do any scrapbooking then. I really tried, I did. I took out the photos and tried to 'do something' with them, even chosen a sketch layout challenge as my template, but it just didn't feel right. So I kept all my supplies and move on with my life.

The past Tuesday was a public holiday in my state, and with the new Let's Get Sketchy July Week 2 Sketch, I managed to finally create a layout. (I found that I always ended up using sketches from LGS even though I have a few more sketch challenge blogs that provide weekly sketch)

This layout has minimal layering, but embellishing can be found here and there. I was having trouble embellishing when I tried to scrapbook these photos last week. All I knew was I want to use that Charm ‘Bliss’ Delight paper by Jen Allyson, badly. The floral pattern and the color scheme really go well with the photos and the theme, so I felt that I have got to use that.

I have chosen this ombre background, which has blue on one side and green on the other, and that is pretty much how my photos look like, greenish gardens with clear blue sky at the background.


I have the title printed on the photo, but I would like to add the location (Canberra) on the layout too. This epoxy typist fonts letter sticker is from my local bookstore. When I first opened the package, it smelt strongly of plastic, which makes me wonder what material they used for these, quite terrifying LOL


I love the Charm ‘Bliss’ Delight patterned paper so much I did not want to cover it up, but it was too plain by itself. This was when the border stickers came to the rescue! I’m glad I pulled out these, because they look lovely together with the patterned paper.


As usual, the last step is embellishing. I used up a lot of Amy Tangerine’s products which has a lot of pretty trees and flowers and blues and greens. The clouds fabric stickers are very eye-popping too, and I used them to cover up the awkward angles on the photos. Lastly, two tags on the left bottom corner of the layout and voila! A pretty layout is made.




Thank you so much for stopping by and any comments are appreciated. (And while you’re at it, follow my blog and Instagram too?)

Supplies (Patterned Papers)
  • Adorbs ‘Special’ Striking Paper by Jen Allyson from My Mind’s Eye
  • Charm ‘Bliss’ Delight Paper by Jen Allyson from My Mind’s Eye
Supplies (Letters)
  • Epoxy Typist Fonts from local bookstore
  • Raspberry Tiny Alpha Stickers by Kaiser Craft
Supplies (Border Stickers)
  • Border Stickers by Heidi Grace Designs
  • Pretty Party Border Stickers by Crate Paper
Supplies (Embellies)
  • Bits Die Cut Cardstock Shapes, Noteworthy Accent & Phrase Sticker Book, Oh Yes Fabric Stickers, Pigment Fabric Stickers, Doodle Dimensional Stickers by Amy Tangerine
  • DIY Shop Accent Stickers by Crate Paper
  • Hummingbird Collectibles by Kaiser Craft
  • Daydream Fabric Stickers by Heidi Grace Designs
  • Mustard Color Shine by Heidi Swapp
  • Geotag Chipboard Shapes by Studio Calico
p/s: this post was supposed to be up on my blog on yesterday, but my Internet was down.

Deepest condolences to the family and friends of passengers and crews on board of MH17. 

13 comments:

  1. What a great layout! All your elements! Thank you for joining us at LGS <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on the sketch, I love all the cute die cut pieces! Thank you for playing along with us at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch love your paper choice
    Thank you for playing along at Let's Get Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely page! Love the photos and details. Thanks for joining us @ LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty and I love how you described your use of the ombre papers. I'm so happy LGS helps you get your pages done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout, l have visited this place, its pretty awesome! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab page..great colours and accents and fun take on the LGS sketch

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful page and love those alphas for the title!!! thanks soo much for playing along with LGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos and wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great layout. Lovely gardens. Thanks for sharing with us on LGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on challenge, thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely page. Thank you for playing with us at the LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful take on the sketch!!!

    Thanks for joining us at LGS :-)

    ReplyDelete