Sunday, June 23, 2013

Koala This Way

Yes, I'm STILL in the process of scrapping my Sydney trip from last August. There are a few photos left to scrap before wrapping up my Sydney 2012 trip, hopefully I can get it done BEFORE my second Sydney trip this coming October.

This layout is inspired by Shimelle's Scrapbook Starting Points. I like the simplicity of this layout and it's a really good kick start for me because usually I just stare at all the pretty papers and embellishments for an hour before really starting to cut and paste anything. So, here we go!

I used Tim Holtz Picket Fence Distress Stain to tone down the dark blue, looks better, right? :)
  • 12 x 12 Patterned Paper from We R Memory Keepers, Anthologie, Nuance
  • 8 x 8 Patterned Paper from Glitz, Love You Madly Collection
  • Blue strip of scrap paper topped with Freckled Fawn Orange Polka Dot with Heart Washi Tape

Added another layer of 6 x 6 on top and a die cut piece at the intersection, voila!
  • 6 x 6 Patterned Paper from a 12 x 12 sheet of WE R Memory Keepers, Down the Boardwalk, Gone Surfin'
  • Die Cut Tag from October Afternoon, Boarding Pass Miscellany

A title that does not make any sense. Koala this way, really?
Decorated the top left corner of the photos as well. Stop & enjoy TODAY!
Done! ♥

Took me less than 3 hours to get it done. It's a fairly simple layout but usually I took a lot of time doing the finishing embellishing. My embellishments are scattered everywhere and I have difficulty finding things that match each other. Or maybe I'm just not that skillful yet. Anyway, I love the final look for this layout, it was a fun process. :)

Supplies (Embellishments)
  • Amy Tangerine Bits Die Cut Cardstock Shapes
  • Amy Tangerine Chipboard Alphabet Stickers
  • Amy Tangerine Pigment Fabric Stickers
  • Colorbok Layered Chipboard Sticker
  • Echo Park Enjoy the Ride Mini Theme Sticker Sheet
  • Fancy Pants Trendsetter Fundamental Stickers
  • Heidi Swapp Mustard Color Shine
  • Pebbles Chips Varnish Chipboard
  • Studio Calico Geotag Chipboard Shapes

(Almost the end of June and I only managed to get 2 LO done and 1 blog post *oh em gee*)

0 comments:

Post a Comment