Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Me, Dolled Up Version

My scrapbooking topics aren't the usual kids (don't have any), holiday (don't celebrate much here) and family/friends gathering (don't have much pictures, if any). What I scrapbook about? My trips and travels, but they usually are made into mini albums rather than layouts. Me and my boyfriend. And other odd stuffs such as my miniature collection, some food I ate, and other topics that are self-centered (a favorite card I made, my crafting process, my bucket list and so on). Therefore, scrapbooking about ME is not a big deal, though I don't take much selfies, but there are still a few that I could use for scrapbooking. And usually, I will only take selfies for special reason or occasion so there's always a story behind them.

Shimelle's scrapbook about yourself challenge is not really a challenge for me, and to make things interesting, I used other challenges on her blog to help me complicate things. Such as the first challenge, scrapbook in pink. Though I always tell myself and others I'm not a girly girl, but I can be seen with a pink handphone case, pink wallet, pink bag, pink sandal and so on. In my craft stash, pink can be found on some of my embellishments too. However, the only pink/girly patterned papers that I possess are from My Mind's Eye Love Me Paper Kit (which I bought to be used on all those lovey dovey photos of me and my boyfriend). The other challenges I incorporated in this layout include fabric and the power of three and of course, smaller photo.

My initial idea was to scrapbook my photo on a 6x6, and mount it on an 8x8. I forgot where I got the idea of using leftovers alphabet stickers for background, but it was a unique idea and I ♥ the look!

Initial Idea

But then, my title took up too much space and I had to trim down my 6x6 to 4.5x5. Still, the overall layout seems a bit crammed to me and I decided to mount that on a 12x12 layout. Plus, I don't have 8x8 sleeve to store my layout.

A Side?



Or B Side?

Finally I chose the not-so-busy B side and put down everything as shown. 

Decided to add a hello sticker on the photo at the end

Supplies
Patterned Papers: My Minds Eye 12x12 Love Me Paper Kit; Glitz 8x8 Love You Madly Paper Pad; My Minds Eye 6x6 Nostalgia Paper Pad
Alphabet Letters: Wooden Letters from Typo, Sydney inked with ColorBox Cat's Eye Pigment Ink, Papaya Cream; Simple Stories Sn@p! Stickers Letters; Red Letter Stickers from local bookstore
Stickers: Fancy Pants Trendsetter Sticker Fundamentals; Simple Stories Sn@p! Stickers Icons
Washi Tape: Freckled Fawn Orange Polka Dot with Heart
Fabric and Flower Embellishments: Received from swapping
Others: American Crafts Knock Out Scalloped Punch; Pop Dots

Voila! Alice, Dolled Up Version.

0 comments:

Post a Comment