Friday, May 10, 2013

2Peas NSD Challenge

Hello, happy Friday everyone! 

I have to be honest, this week I don't think I did anything important at work. There are times the work seems to be like a burden and I don't know what to do with it. Then I got the flu bug which makes things more miserable. So I'm really really glad it's Friday, and I'm not working tomorrow, so this long awaited weekend is so much sweeter

I've made another layout for 2Peas NSD Challenges, using one of the sketch they provided. Again, their challenges is open until this Sunday, so there are still time to participate. 

With the sketch on hand, it's really a lot easier for me to start putting stuffs down, however it still took me 2 days to get it done, but I only spent a total of less than 3 hours, maybe. First day I did the overall layout, second day for journaling, a poem. That's right, I wrote a poem. I know when I look back at the layout again in a few years time, I will either LOL or 'Oh God why'. 

Mother's Day is on this Sunday and I have chosen to make a layout about that important woman in my life.

This is the FIRST layout I made for a family member

The sketch is very easy to follow, though I did change some parts accordingly to make my overall layout look better.





Supplies
Layout Base: Recycled Cardstock Paper from local bookstore
Patterned Papers: Basic Grey Paper Cottage 6x6 Paper Pad; Simple Stories Harvest Lane 6x6 Paper Pad
Various Die Cuts: Kaiser Craft Hummingbird Collectables
Banner Die Cut: My Mind's Eye Love Me Paper Kit
Alphabet Letters: Red Letter Stickers from local bookstore; Fancy Pants Trendsetter Sticker Fundamentals; Fancy Pants Swagger Sticker Fundamentals
Love Stickers: Fancy Pants Trendsetter Sticker Fundamentals
Washi Tape: Freckled Fawn Chalkboard with Arrows, With Love (Red) & Orange Polka Dot with Heart
Flower Embellishments: Paper Die Cut Flowers from local bookstore
Others: American Crafts Knock Out Scalloped Punch; Pop Dots; Paper Scraps

Hopefully my flu will magically vanished tomorrow and I will be crafting after running some errand around noon. And now, I really need to rest. *sniff*

0 comments:

Post a Comment