Sunday, February 22, 2015

Saturday Share: Cupcake Celebration

Hello, dear friends. Happy Chinese New Year and welcome to another week of Saturday Share. 

How was your week so far? 

I had a hectic one. The workload of my day job seems to be forever increasing, and my New Year Resolution of a photo a day on Instagram forces motivates me to create something everyday. It does drive me crazy and on edge sometimes :-ss But crafting seems to be an important part of my life now, and I like how that pushes me to get better on other areas of my life, like time management, prioritizing and planning. 

This week's layout was done under 90 minutes at 2 o'clock in the morning on a Sunday after I had my weekly badminton + supper with my girlfriends. I was actually quite tired, but I kept telling myself 'Gotta get at least one layout done so I can photograph it in the morning', and so I did. Even I am amazed with my own determination :-o

This layout came together easily because I decided to use neutral colors with pink and baby blue combo. That has shorten the time I needed on picking patterned papers and matching their colors. Then I took my scrap papers folder and picked out the papers.


The scrap papers that I chose were the perfect size for the layout. Even the triangle vellum fits in perfectly.


The title for this layout magically appeared in my mind when I took these photos out. I like the peach and aqua letter stickers mixture, just like the layout I did for Melon Bun.


I used Simple Stories Stickers for embellishing, adding some details here and there to cover up those awkward edges.



Decided to add a little something up on the corner right before I 'declare' this layout done.


Thank you for stopping by this week. If you like my paper craft creations, do follow my blog and head over to my Instagram account as well ;)

Have a lovely weekend!

/bye

Supplies (Patterned Papers)
  • Pizzicato, Vellum and Dots & Loops by Studio Calico
  • Love You Madly 8" Paper Pad by Glitz
  • Hearts from Love Me collection by My Mind's Eye
  • He Said 6x6 Designer Pad by Teresa Collins
Supplies (Letters)
  • Peach and Aqua Letter Stickers from local bookstore
  • Patchwork Letter and Number Sticker Book by American Crafts
Supplies (Embellies)
  • Sn@p! Icons Stickers and DIY Labels Stickers by Simple Stories

0 comments:

Post a Comment